Monday, February 1, 2010

Things I Love

Happy February, everyone! During this month of pink hearts and assorted chocolates, I thought I might have a few blog entries that note the things I love. They will be listed in no particular order; please remember that I am a random thinker.

Today is Monday. I look forward to 8:00 p.m. every Monday because my favorite t.v. show comes on: 24. I LOVE that show. If you've never watched it, give it a try. My tastes lean less romantic and more action. 24 is ALL action. I love the idea: there are 24 episodes each season, each filmed in real time, so that one season equals 1 complete day.

My own days are pretty boring and pretty much the same each day. I get up, I go to work, I come home. But a day (or season) of 24 is like having a heart attack one hour at a time. My husband and I have been known to snuggle down under the covers and settle in for a 24 DVD marathon. It's a sickening but fun addiction that makes 7 or 8 hours go by in a hurry. Like I said, sickening.

Plus, there's something about Jack Bauer's no-nonsense-I-don't-have-time-for-this-silliness attitude. I know that reality T.V. is all the rage, but if you want a dose of truth, watch 24. You'll find yourself wishing that there were more people out there like him.

Do you have a favorite show?

No comments:

Post a Comment