Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm No Michelangelo

Writing a story is like creating a sculpture. A sculptor starts with a rough blob of material and sees what isn't there. A writer begins with an idea and a blank screen and sees what isn't there. I have a story. It's done. But I'm not sure it's finished. I keep chiseling away at it, polishing it, hoping to end up with something beautiful. Perhaps even something worthy of submission, or even better... publication.

I also have a little thumb drive that is full of rough blobs of material.

Does anyone have a chisel?

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you have a great story to tell, Cindy. I for one will be excited to read it. You are a very talented writer and I really enjoy your blog. You inspire me on how you can express yourself so easily. Don't give up on your dream.

    ReplyDelete