Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Butterfly Flaps its Wings in China...

I bought a very unripe mango last Friday.

On Wednesday, my daughter got spacers inserted between her teeth in preparation for braces. Since then she has had some discomfort and has been limited to eating yogurt, applesauce, and other soft foods.

Today my husband wanted to go to Park City to run some errands and have a little family time at Cold Stone Creamery. I know it's only about 25 degrees outside, but hey ice cream is serious business here in Utah.

Before we left we decided to eat a little lunch. Three of us ate leftover pizza (there goes the diet, I know) and Jessica, after searching and searching for something that wouldn't hurt her teeth, asked me to cut up the mango. It was finally ripe, so I finished my pizza and set about to slice the mango. Dan, who had already finished, decided to wait out the mango by turning on the t.v. - I was sure he was going to get in a quick round of Wii golf.

But no. An infomercial for the Jack Lalanne power juicer was on. We occasionally watch infomercials purely for the entertainment value, but never for their intended purpose. It only took Jessica 20 minutes to eat 1/3 of a mango, which was enough time to convince Dan that he needed the juicer.

Needless to say, the thing is enroute to my house as I type this.

1 comment:

  1. Who is this person who is on a buying frenzy, the Wii and now a juicer? Way to go,son

    ReplyDelete