Friday, December 11, 2009

A Quiet Moment

This is a blurry picture of my Nativity set that I took with my cell phone. It's not the prettiest one; I've had it for a long time. The last few years, I have only put out these three figures and left everything else in the box.

I like to think about that quiet moment this little family must have had before all havoc broke loose. Before the shepherds showed up with the animals or the wise men with their camels; not to mention some kid out there banging his drum. I imagine I wouldn't mind the hosts of Heaven singing right on my rooftop; but there had to be this quiet, perfect moment when it was just the three of them. Silent. Perfect. Joyous.

It makes me think about the fact that they were a family first, and then He became the Savior of the world.

Maybe it reminds me to take a moment to just BE with my family. We're often scurrying to do homework or to get dinner done; to finish our chores or make it to piano lessons on time. It's easy to get caught up in the busy-ness of being a young family. But to take the time to have those "be still" moments; to enjoy a cozy moment together - those are the ones we treasure.

My wish this Christmas if for each of us to find those still and quiet moments.

1 comment:

  1. This so far has been my favorite blog. I love it. I need to print this and keep it on my fridge all year.

    ReplyDelete