Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well, I am in the full throes of Christmas Break and I've obviously taken a break from blogging. Christmas has been wonderful, yes. A whirlwind of baking and and singing and wrapping and visiting. Toss in the fact that my husband started with a new company and training has meant that I've been on my own for most of December - he's in Sacramento as I type - and I am exhausted!

But every day I see and/or hear something, and I find myself saying, "this is so going on my blog." So here goes.

First of all, I was chatting with someone tonight who was explaining to me his violent bout with food-poisoning after stopping at a roadside diner in central Utah. It was only after he finished eating that his daughter pointed out the sign that read "Ho-made Pies." So, so wrong.

Secondly, does anyone REALLY want to see the movie where Dwayne Johnson plays a Billy Bad-A** hockey player who gets sentenced to becoming a tooth fairy? REALLY?!? (Honestly, I saw this trailer today when we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Squeakuel... and I totally regret breaking my dollar-movie-only rule).

Finally, I need to rant for a moment. About the terrorist. You know who I'm talking about. They keep calling him a "suspected" terrorist. Except that 300 people on an airplane can confirm that he tried to blow up said airplane. And that they found the explosives in his underpants. I know this is America and we give people fair trials and blah blah blah. But all the rest of us are going to have to once again change our lives and show up at the airport 4 hours early because of one idiot. One cretinous idiot. Let's not forget that our tax dollars are paying for his medical treatment, hospital stay, and subsequent hearings. Here's my anti-terrorist plan. We take the CONFIRMED TERRORIST off of the airplane straight to the tarmac and detonate his underwear. It's a lot cheaper. And what's more American than taking down the bad guy and saving some money in a down economy? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. I think "detonate his underwear" should appear in all forthcoming legal plans of action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent says that if the soldiers would just be allowed to do their jobs and not have to worry about miranda rights, fair trials for terrorists, etc., they would be taken out before they could get on the plane! Stupid politics!!

    ReplyDelete