Sunday, July 13, 2014

Swimming

Oh. Hi there. After a long break from blogging, I've decided it's time to get back at it.

It's summertime, and summertime makes me think of swimming.

When I was a kid, our back yard swimming pool made me feel rich. We were poor as dirt, but hey, it was Arizona, so pools were pretty common. Especially when I was younger, say 8 or 9, I lived in my little TG&Y swimsuit. I stayed out in the pool long after everybody else was too tired or hot from the 110+ degree weather. In fact, this was my favorite time in the pool because I was transformed into a movie star. I would perform magical, musical water revues in the style of Esther Williams. I barely had the ability to do a front flip off of our stiff little diving board, but I was a bathing beauty. I would twirl beneath the surface, enveloped in millions of tiny, sparkly bubbles. When I surfaced, I would kick my legs high into the air and smile at my adoring fans, which were nothing more than the slats in our wooden fence. I glided across the water like a graceful mermaid and splashed little droplets of water so they glittered like diamonds.

Yeah. I was so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment