Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Television Debut

Every now and then, there are some pretty cool perks to being an automotive writer. Like, say flying on the Ford Corporate Jet, for one. Or driving around a race track with a professional stock car driver at 210 m.p.h. for another. Or riding in a top-secret V-12 Mustang. Those are super cool things to do, and if you ever get a chance, I highly recommend doing them, because those moments are far and few between.

Today, I had another one of those moments. I got to be on T.V.! Aside from having the sweatiest arm pits I have ever had in my life, it was a lot of fun! I was invited to do a segment on a local show here called The Daily Dish. So I drove down to the ABC4 studio in Salt Lake City early this morning and did my thing, talking about cars. I got to spend time in a green room. I met three guys who own a film production company. I met a psychic! And not a fake psychic like the guy on Psych.

The show's hosts, Nicia and Troy, were super friendly and immediately put me at ease. I was also amazed at how small the studio was -- like slightly larger than my living room-small.
randomthoughtsofuncommonsense.blogspot.com
A shot of the show's hosts during a commercial break

Can you believe all those lights?

The production booth (a.k.a. two tables right behind me)

Troy, the host from Australia

Those three guys talking about their film company
I had this horrible fear that I was going to freeze in front of the camera, but amazingly, I survived, and kept my arms firmly at my side! If you want to check it out, click here. It was a lot of fun, and despite having a face for radio, I think I'd be willing to try it again!

1 comment: