Friday, July 19, 2013

Cindy, Jedi Master

Today I took my daughter to Park City to do a little shopping. While she was in the fitting room at Old Navy, I searched my purse for a Tic Tac and realized that I did not have my wallet with me. I knew exactly where it was: sitting on my desk at home. So we returned the pants to the rack and came home. We decided to watch The Empire Strikes Back, which I had checked out from the library.

I hadn't seen that movie in years, and it brought back a funny memory. You know the scene where Luke Skywalker is hanging by his frozen feet in the monster's ice cave? His feet are frozen into the ice and his trusty light saber is stuck in the snow below, just out of reach. He uses the power of the force to summon the light saber into his grasp, then uses it to free himself from the ice.

When I was a kid, I would hang upside down from the top bed of my bunk and try for hours to summon my trusty toy light saber from the carpet. I would also try to close my bedroom door through the power of the force.

Alas, it never worked, but I was an expert at hanging upside down from a bunk bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment